Hello and welcome to CourtneyHerber.com!
I am an author, historian, and educator.
My scholarly interests are:
- Theatre, Performance, & Power
- Royal Studies & Consortship
- Pop Culture, Memory, & Representation
- Tudor & Stuart England/Britain/Atlantic Archipelago
- Spanish Golden Age theatre & honor plays
Please see my Services page for more details on my copy editing, proofing, or indexing services.
Current Scholarly Projects:
Monograph: Towards Consortship: Performing Ritual, Intercession, and Networking in Tudor and Early Stuart England (Tentatively titled: Jewel in the Crown)
Book Chapter: “The Three Body Problem: Lady Jane Grey and the Invisible Specter of Mary I on the Restoration Stage” will appear in Mid-Tudor Queenship
You can find my work:
Anne Barne Carleill Walsingham – p. 185
Eleanor Windsor Brome – p. 409
Judith Lydon Smith Barrington p. 95